Saturday, June 16, 2007

pasta that water sucking flower

Pasta is wheat and a concentrated starch. I remember when I first got this fact. I was training for a marathon and I need my carbohydrates. I enrolled and eat pasta every night along with a beer. After a while, I noticed that my energy was about the same, but my bowel movements were very dry. Although I was eating pasta with sauce, vegetables and salad with some bread, I never got that this product is basically flour and that the bread was the same as the pasta, a dry non moist food. Hum. Our bodies are composed of 70 to 80% water and our brain is composed of 70 to 90% water. Hum. What I am saying is to consume more water rich foods in your life. There are many types of grains: rice, whole wheat, wheat gluten, barley, rye, oats, corn, millet, buckwheat, quinoa to name a few. All of these foods are considered grasses and are good for energy. They are better consumed after being soaked, versus cooked. Cooking them produces a large amount of starch. This starch is what accumulates in our bodies. This excess starch in our bodies accumulates in our joints (ankles, knees, hands, fingers, hips, back etc) and leads to low energy, arthritis, and other diseases. Enjoy your starches with a salad and include some digestive enzymes. This dish is a plantain with curry, green salad and carrot salad. yummy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: